Click here to download the GLM Configuration Wizard files
Note: This is version 16.22d and requires GHS 16.22 or later.
These files should be copied into your GHS program directory.
- Corrected draft report that shows P & S values. 16.21
- Additional stinger configuration options.
- Towing is now available in the external max VCG mode selection.
- Improved documentation of Footer and Logo files.
- Fixed operator advice for trim limits.
- Improved documentation of Energy Stability options.
- Improved data entry for tank sounding/ullage.
- New option to disable flooding and damage in the GLM.
- GLM Manual improvements.
- Range of stability option added to Energy Stability setup for 46CFR28.570a7.
- Added tool tip for SpGr input for Load Lines.
- Added limit options in MODU stability for DNV-GL criteria.
- Grain stability revisions for MSC.23(59).
- Revisions to damage stability with wind.
- Tank load limits can now be set for SPGR/Load instead of just Contents/Load.
- Crane stability pages now include position and load information in subtitle.
- Hold limits and shear corrections can include weights with specified prefixes.
- Effective radius included in crane position summary on first page of report.
- Critical point warning for damage stability. Floodht damage limit.
- Support for tanks with moveable bulkheads (in Special Applications).
- New Options in Gas Carrier damage stability.
- Add-Weight button function updated to include adding weight categories.
- New Visibility check and update to Shear Correction options.
- Additional options in Basic Stability criterion setup.
- Hold weight limit functions can use drafts at any location, not only midship.
- Towing criterion option: change status of critical points
- Turn criterion option to use either CB or CLP
- LS options for omitting shear or moment column in table
- User modeling of extra crane elements available.
- Crane wire spool and payout available.
- General stability criterion options include area to max w/o wind.
- SWR on-screen plot was showing heeling arms prior to gust (did not affect reports).
- Heeling Moment report option for Basic Stability.
- More options in SPS and MODU damage stability criteria.
- Number of passengers to be specified by operator, if left blank in configuration.
- Trim limits can be configured to vary as a function of draft.
- Tanks can be selected by contents and/or names for logging of load changes under Sensor Interface .
- Deflection (if on) restored after reports. Deflection on/off button provided.
- Weight inertia (rotational) added as a button option.
- More options added to OSV damage driterion.
- Weight Moment and Inertia reports may show totals only (optionally).
- Option to use BL draft for IMO Roll calculation regardless of draft reporting method.
- Anchor-handling criterion now allows operator input of heeling moment.
- Support for LPA on ADDED weight items.
- Sensor Interface now identifies sensor input values with magnitudes greater than or equal 64537 as indicating a non-functioning sensor.
- Variant weight units available in LOAD STATUS reports.
- An additional weight unit can be added to the dropdown menu (to mix metric and English units).
- Installation of graphics library facilitated with GHSOS.
- BV NR608 2.3 Lifting criterion added.
- Rendered geometry viewer included in the Information menu.
- Anchor-handling criterion added.
- Towing and FiFi criteria now start the RA curve at equilibrium as the default option.
- Sensor Interface: Load Log folder name can now be changed by the operator
- Generic OSV Damage Stability criterion added.
- Sensor Interface now supports the Kongsberg NCA DL 94 master/slave communication protocol.
- Sensor Interface recognizes the input value -999 as a signal to ignore the sensor.
- Additional options in the Towing Stability setup for addressing various versions of this criterion.
- Added freeboard for GM-based criteria (C170170) is now configurable.
- Sensor Interface: trim and heel user inputs may be set from draft sensors (optionally).
- "Deflection-removed" message is now supressed after LS is computed via Load Editor.
- Sensor Interface automatically shows trim & heel override inputs when sounding or pressure inputs are present.
- Frozen tanks now restored to frozen type after flooding.
- Crane azimuth angle redefinition is available for zero-forward.
- Append Body with non-uniform weight distribution was showing undefined variable.
- Two sets of Trim limits can be configured for different operating modes.
- Crane stow-mode options allow operator to change cradle location easily.
- Sensor Interface allows access to multiple firlds of same ID record. NEMA type support.
- Sensor Interface includes multiple-system capability and additional functions for receiving cranes angles and loads
- Sensor Interface write-back of either weight or volume is available in FILE mode.
- Sensor Interface with specified heel/trim sometimes caused undefined draft in reports.
- DRAFT report with zero trim limit was stopping before the report finished.
- Reports with flooding were sometimes incomplete. New configuration switch to omit LS when doing damage.
- Sensor Interface module: Trim and Heel fields added for better matching of tank soundings
- Energy stability option to start RA table at equilibrium. WDF switch option.
- New Alarm File option (Special Applications)
- Explanation added about associating crane lifting modes with operating modes.
- Sensor Interface extended to optionally write file of tank loads in FILE-based mode.
- MODU optional title used in summary reports.
- Uses GLM 15.00A.
- New option in energy stability for angle to max being relative to equilibrium.
- New options in MODU stability criterion for start and end of stability range.
- Added report options for weight moments and rotational moments of inertia.
- Option added to Energy criterion to allow going beyond RA0.
- Option added to SWR weather criterion to stop at RA0.
- Compatibility with the version 14.50 restored.
- Crane sheave radius taken into account in load tables.
- Variable-location draft marks can now be at three locations fwd and aft.
- New damage stability option for upright FSM.
- Crane boom stow angles were not preserved between configuration sessions.
- Weight of crane main block was not moving with the boom when the load was on another hook.
- New option in lifting criteria to omit deck-immersion check.
- Motion Suppression tanks can now be converted to intact.
- For the Weather criterion, the user can supply a custom roll angle calculation (see Cfg/Keel Characteristics).
- In the IGC damage criterion an option now exists to unconditionally run the RA curve out to RA0.
- Pressure unit choices for Motion Suppression tanks are now available to the operator.
- Centers of gravity of boom and other non-load crane elements were not being rotated when a hook other than the main hook was carrying the load.
- Base strength limit can now be named by configurer. Current strength limit mode is now recorded in cnd file & restored when retrieved.
- Lifting criteria are now accessible in Special Stability.
- Corrected discrepancy between report and screen drafts with large deflection.
- Added Modbus TCP/IP support for level sensor I/O.
- Added an option to have tracking of load line and trim bypassed during damage stability.
- Range terminating angle is now selectable in Weather stability.
- Additional options for MODU stability.
- The button for additional strength limits now accesses separate limits for at-sea and in-port operating modes.
- LOAD STATUS report options likewise extended to include Ref Ht and FSM.
- Initial settings for Load Editor Sounding column extended to include Ref Ht and FSM.
- New feature: Button for additional strength limits.
- Option to show torsion % in addition to LS % data box.
- Fixed rare "tank not found" error message after report.
- MODU criterion now offers its own icing wind speed.
- Improved button placement when "both" left & right is selected
- SI now provides for user-adjustable delay between tries on initial serial-port connections.
- SI Individual Settings dialog - blanks allowed instead of field numbers for protocols that do not use fields.
- A ballast log file feature is now available in the Sensor Interface (SI) module.
- GPS location button now available.
- In the OSV damage criterion, the area termination angle now includes FLD.
- Damage wind stability evaluation for single flooded case was not including extra limits on negative freeboard.
- Sensor Interface now supports MODBUS master.
- Damage criteria involving wind have more options.
- Extra options added for OSV damage criteria.
- User stability run files now protected against variable-name conflicts.
- Up to four damage criteria can now be configured in the same GLM.
- LSLIM file name for first custom mode has been restored to LSLIMC.DAT.
- Option for area limit added to Offshore Supply Vessel damage criterion.
- Export button provides for writing a file of data from GHS variables.
- Stinger (pipe/cable laying) modeling now accommodates up to three articulating sections.
- Boom max weight increased to 9999 LT to accommodate booms over 999 LT.
- Option added in Damage wind stability setup for "no capsize" being acceptable if RA0 comes before FLD.
- Option added in MODU stability setup for "no flood pt immersion" being acceptable.
- Small Condition Graphic improvements.
- Crane track roller distribution now accepts zero track widths and works with tieback.
- Tieback forces for cranes now show in screen LS graph whether or not a report has been generated.
- Off-mode buttons were not returning to gray in come cases.
- Quick Check button now goes gray in modes where no maxvcg data is present.
- Button colors for custom modes are now active.
- Lifting Mode is now offered as an additional mode restriction for Damage stability.
- "Tracks-only" crane weight distribution now takes front & back roller distributions.
- Crane button for changing stow position now available.
- New tracks-only crane weight distribution available.
- All tank gauging now uses the Sensor Interface module.
- With multiple cranes, crane radius in title on first page was sometimes not updated until crane activated.
- Hookload drop crane criterion was not restoring lightship TCG precisely when light ship weight item was very small.
- Sensor Interface: Send button now appears only in MODBUS mode.
- Sensor Interface: correction to VIGO connection.
- Sensor Interface: change in VIGO serial type designation.
- Removed vulnerability to tank selection residuals in CFG files.
- New button text-size option. Stability button colors now keyed to mode.
- Option added for tank pressure sensors that perform density corrections.
- Jackup max water depth increased to 999 feet (304 m).
- Weight category option for adjustable objects.
- Towing criterion without user HMMT input was stopping during its calculation.
- Initial VCG of adjustable legs corrected.
- Additional weights associated with adjustable objects preserved in condition files.
- Additional weights can be assigned to adjustable objects.
- Weight limits are now available for adjustable objects.
- Counterballast lifting criterion for protected waters now uses 1.0 residual area ratio.
- The Adjust Object function with linked objects corrected.
- The Adjust Object function now preserves tank settings and is compatible with weight categories.
- Several options added to the multibody Object Adjust function.
- ABS Heavy-Lift Crane criteria added.
- Crane sheave radius option added for complex cranes.
- Draft sensor scale factor made effective.
- Musasino protocol added to tank gauging system options.
- Crane upperworks offset now allowed to be negative.
- LR version title was not being reset when reverting from LR version.
- Correct-Heel button now checks for unreasonably large TCG of added weight.
- Fixed undefined variable when adding special flood points via the button.
- Fixed undefined variable when switching data folders (since 14.288 only).
- Crane tables for other than main hook when given in terms of radius were converting to inaccurate elevation angles).
- Fixed undefined-variable error (since 14.287 only).
- Added to the Docs menu is an option to declare another user manual.
- Note in GLM_MAKER revised to indicate Reinstall.exe instead of the obsolete Organize.exe.
- Stop due to undefined variable in energy criterion fixed.
- Added optional area limit to energy criteria: area to 30 degrees.
- Fixed Sensor Interface abort that happened when using multi-word contents descriptions.
- Deleted need for Criter2.lib (which was there only for testing purposes).
- Flooding sets with frozen tanks now correctly return the tanks to frozen type after flooding.
- DNV Heavy lift criterion now has option to use wind in both parts.
- Added weights for appended bodies are now protected from editing outside of the Append Body button function.
- The AddWt button dialog has been improved to protect weight items created elsewhere and to retain the values pertaining to distributed weights for later inspection or editing.
- When multiple complex cranes are present, their current positions are listed at the beginning of the report.
- BV/RINA lifting criterion is available for "light" cranes.