Did you know ...
#7: Load Editor with windows (LEw) display areas
If you have used the GHS Load Editor (LE) and not yet tried the newer
Load Editor with windows (LEw) you might be interested in a quick
description of the various windows or areas on the LEw screen.
1. The main status box is continually updated with the latest heel, trim,
weight, center of gravity, GMT, etc..
2. A supplementary draft status box shows drafts for up to three locations
(such as forward, midship, and aft drafts).
3. Stack of warning lights to alert the operator about conditions like
flooding, damage, overfill, water on deck, hogging, sagging, wind, etc.
4. Push-button activation of standard functions such as selecting
spreadsheet mode, solving for heel, toggling autosolve mode, zeroing heel, and
summarizing Longitudinal Strength. Additional functions can easily be
assigned to a central macro button or any number of optional tool-bar buttons.
5. The main data spreadsheet allows editing of tanks, fixed weights, ground
points, thrusts, and pull forces. A cursor marks the current field, while
other editable fields in the current row are highlighted in gold. A scroll
bar appears right of the spreadsheet if it is too small to hold all available
parts. Each column header can be clicked to sort by that column; clicking
again reverses the sort order.
6. Graphics display profile and plan views of the vessel, with the current
part highlighted. Clicking a tank selects it on the spreadsheet; right-clicking
pops up tank information and allows moving fixed weights to a new location.
7. Optional boxes appear in an extra area when LEw is configured to include
Crane Data, Crane Input, or Heeling Moment Input boxes.
8. An attached Condition Graphics window picturing current vessel loading
conditions is tightly integrated and synchronized with LEw changes. This CG
window appears when LEw is started with the /CG parameter or when the CG
button is pressed.
All these display areas dynamically reconfigure themselves when the LEw window
is resized by dragging on its border. Try clicking and dragging a corner in
all directions to see the range of appearance options possible for LEw.
If you have any questions or would like information about how to order the
LEw module, contact email@example.com.
Copyright (C) 2006
Creative Systems, Inc.